Monday 28 May 2018

Studying bandoneon in Buenos Aires, Argentina

We made it.

It's a lot of time I don't write on this blog, and I want to update about my bandoneon studies in Argentina.

At last, I joined Conservatory.


I'm studying Bandoneon with M. Rodolfo Daluisio at Manuel De Falla Conservatory in Buenos Aires.

Technique of M. Daluisio is impressive: he can play opening as well as closing keeping the same sound quality in both directions, no matters how musical phrases long are.

And, by the way, those who think he is just a "classical interpreter" and doesn't play Tango with bandoneon are wrong.

He grow up with Tango and he is a "killing" interpreter of it.




We play several tango in our studies repertoire, and, of course, a lot of "classical" and contemporary music.

If I should explain in few words what does it mean studying with M. Daluisio, I would say "he doesn't teach you to play tango with bandoneon. He teaches you THE bandoneon".

Which, in the end, is what I have always wanted to learn.

I'm also playing in the Orquesta Escuela with Julian Peralta as director.

Here we play several tangos from Golden Age and from modern and contemporary authors, like Piazzolla, Binelli and Julian Peralta as well.

It's a nice training. I confess it is hard to me, but I'm learning a lot.

PS. A curious fact about 144 bandoneons: of course I'm continuing studying with my instrument, and I discovered I can play scores thinked for the 152 model, because of the two "extra" notes g and g# in the first octave of right keyboard. Of course the problem is if I need to play upper a# and b, because generally 144 bandoneons don't reach those notes on the right keyboard... but I'm working on it :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment